Not A Thing


By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
Not A Thing
 
Here I am again, a ride that led me right back to here,
I cannot explain how many times I’ve seen this familiar place,
Each time I’m trying to begin a clean slate, and I’m proven wrong,
It’s as if they’re telling me they’re all the same, so give no chances,
 
I must really know that that’s not true, but I couldn’t help it,
In the back of my mind, I’m rewinding the lies and the excuses,
 
It’s not a thing,
You should know I’ve got myself,
No, it’s not a thing,
Let me make it clear, I need no help,
At least not from you,
Not the way you drag me down,
And fool around, Like I really have time for that,
This is not a game,
 
I’ll block out your face, give me time to see tomorrow,
I do feel this shame, and it’s cloaked all over me,
But it will be erased, it never tends to linger, as long as I don’t think,
 
That might be the only way I’ll get by, for now,
I’ve become part of a target range, and my chest is feeling hollow,
 
I am the real thing, standing here before all,
With my heart on my sleeve, I’m ready to exchange it,
 
I must really be careful to not get it trampled,
Not everyone is what they appear like, holding on for dear life…

Comments

Popular Posts