Halloween Psychic

I recall being a seventh grader on Halloween night. A woman who was known as a psychic was holding readings on her Jefferson Street front porch. It was the longest line of kids on the block.

When it got to my turn to be read, she asked for my hand. She must have held it for nothing but a minute--if that long. She was foretelling future careers as default, but she would tell you whatever else you wanted, as long as it was only one question. I stuck to the future career.

"You'll have a career that involves sitting in front of a computer."

My first thought: what the hell am I going to do with a computer? (This was way before I discovered my love for writing and such; I was just getting started on the B5 Forum with horrible fan fiction stories).

If she was completely right, I think I know now.

Comments

Popular Posts