No You & Me


By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, June 28, 2014
 
No You & Me
 
Some things just cannot be, like you and me,
An undeniable chemistry, but nothing in between, All surface,
 
This wasn’t what I imagined, there once was a picture perfect,
Beginning feelings were something I had never felt,
But where are they now?
 
I can’t help but see this change,
You don’t do the same things,
Back then I knew I had you,
Now I’m never so sure, poking at my insecurities,
 
You can’t tell me that things are not as they seem,
Trying to cloak my eyes with the curtain call,
There’s a burning in my heart that this wasn’t meant to be,
Why stay around when the future has no you an me?
This is critical, that you should know,
So we can let it go,
 
Don’t get me wrong, I still like it in your arms,
At least the memories, Cause your arms are far out of reach,
 
The distance cannot be the one to blame,
We had these problems before the storm came,
 
You make me believe you want it too,
But your actions speak louder,
I’m not so sure I ever had you,
Could it have all been a fantasy?
 
Give me passion, but keep the pain,
That is all I’m asking,
 
So different, yet still the same,
When will come the new?

Comments

Popular Posts